Welcome to the St. John School Library where we love to learn and read!
Dear St. John Families,
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about how to obtain reading material for your children during distance learning. I have linked below several ways you can provide your children with a rich reading experience while libraries are closed. Distance learning links are at the bottom of the page.
Best wishes, Lisa Longton
SUMMER ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR GREENWOOD LIBRARIANS!!
Click through to view the Google slideshow (with audio) about the Summer of Learning Program at the Seattle Public Library!
Resources for students and families
Links to the Seattle Public Library:
- Libby – App to access eBooks and Audiobooks from the Seattle Public Library
- Find a variety of digital media at the Seattle Public Library. Click here for Seattle Public Library
Links to learning websites with read alouds or books:
- Get Epic a wonderful online resource for books, learning videos and quizzes. (Free for 30 days)
- KidLitTV offers read-alouds (mainly primary grades)
- Storyline online
- Scholastic at Home Learning
Links to author events:
- Kate Messner – author of the Ranger in Time series as well as numerous other books (one of our favorite authors in the St. John library) has compiled read alouds by many authors. Writing prompts and drawing tutorials are also included. (mainly for intermediate grades)
Other links that you may like:
- Join Typing Club to get some extra typing practice.
- Go on a virtual field trip to a museum.
- Do you miss talking about books in the Library? (I do!) Listen to a Bookclub For Kids podcast! (Intermediate grades) Also, has some great book suggestions.
- Do you enjoy reading Harry Potter? Check out author J.K Rowling’s page Hogwarts at Home
- Check out the Pacific Science Center – Curiosity at Home